Sunday 16 December 2012

I've got nothing (a grateful post)

I've been sitting here trying to write this post for over an hour. I don't want to write about the latest shooting in the United States. I don't want to think about those families who have lost loved ones. So I'm trying not to. My goal is not to minimse the grief and horror being felt the world over rather to protect myself.

I'm tired and grumpy and on edge. The events in the US have just made my edginess worse. So I concentrate on the little things. I'm going to bed earlier than I have for many nights and hope that I'll be feeling better in the morning. I know for the families affected by the tragedy they won't feel better tomorrow. And for that I'm very sorry.

But I'm also grateful to have my family whole and undamaged. Which makes me feel guilty. I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling with those conflicting emotions.

I'm linking up with Maxabella's grateful linky.

 

No comments:

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs