Saturday 15 December 2012

I've been neglecting my blogging

You may have noticed some very short posts while I have been off having a social life. As requested by Suzi (check out her blog Under the Windmills) I thought I'd give you some details on what I have been up too.

On Thursday, a group of friends and I went out for a combined fortieth birthday and end of year dinner. We are friends who have children at the same school and we try to have morning tea / coffee every few weeks and have managed to make it out to dinner a few times as well this year.

Our Thursday dinner was an early celebration for someone's fortieth birthday. We went to a brasserie where none of us had been before. The majority of the food was tapas and pizza and out of the three main meals only one was gluten free. Luckily for me it was nice. The birthday girl has very simple taste but the rest of our group shared tapas and pizza. They had also brought cake and we sang Happy Birthday.

This was the warm up for the karaoke which started at 9. The birthday girl went home early and the others were excited about karaoke. There was a lot of choice but eventually my friends decided they would sing Barbie Girl by Aqua. Someone was apparently holding out for Mmm Bop by Hanson - I'm thinking that was not a popular choice. I was the designated driver so I was sober and I abstained from embarrassing myself in public. My musicality is limited and I didn't want to burst anyone's ear drums.

It turned out that Barbie Girl was only a practice but despite the karaoke prize of $1,000 we decided to leave as it was about 11. We had a nice evening and made detour for Sundaes on the way home as I wanted desert. Surprisingly, despite drinking 3 bottles of wine between 3 (3 of us weren't drinking at all) no one seemed worse for wear the following day. I did however, resort to drinking caffeine on Friday.

On Friday, I attended two assemblies. One at Boy Child's school where he received an achievement award for Japanese and Girl Child's assembly where the choir were running it. She had two speaking parts and the choir sang two songs. At that one they also farewelled the teachers who will not be returning in the new year. A huge loss will be the teacher librarian. She has also been great at motivating the children and she has been running the choir with the help of Girl Child's teacher. Unfortunately for us, this lovely lady will be moving to Sydney in the new year. She will be sorely missed.

Last night Mr E. and I went to the movies. We saw Skyfall.


Image from: http://www.skyfall-movie.com/

It was good. It was action packed but a bit slow in parts. I'm not really a Bond fan but i did enjoy it. We were disappointed that the movie theatre had no frozen coke. Popcorn and frozen coke are my two staples when it comes to watching movies. They had popcorn so it wasn't all bad. Despite it only being about 20 minutes drive fro home the last time I remember being at that movie theatre was about 12 years ago and Boy Child had whooping cough. This time around he was looking after Girl Child so we could go on a date.

So that's what I've been doing. Because I've been social I've not been getting enough sleep and even though I'm at home tonight I'm up too late yet again. I'm going to remedy that now. Good Night, all. Sleep well.

 

1 comment:

Suzi - Under The Windmills said...

Thats better ;)
FYI i would have voted for mmm bop!

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs