Monday 24 December 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

So the presents are wrapped (mostly), the Christmas food has been purchased and it's really, truly looking like Christmas.

I had to brave the shops today because when I attempted to fix the flat tyre on Girl Child's Christmas bike yesterday I stuffed up and punctured the new tube. So I went out to compete with the hordes and bought two new tubes just in case I managed to stuff it up again. I also bought a couple of little gifts to supplement the gift cards that I am giving some of the family. I figure that a gift card isn't really exciting when you are a child. Luckily, I did have some ideas and hope the extra little things will make up for the less than exciting gift cards.


Once I was home with the tubes, I managed to put the new one in, in much less time than I managed to mutilate damage the tube in yesterday's attempt. Girl child has taken her new bike for a small spin but she thinks it will take a little while to get used to it. I'm just happy that she has learnt to ride this year. Maybe next year we will be able ride to and from school. I definitely need the exercise - probably more so after Christmas.

Check out this Christmas tree.

It's a Christmas tree for Variety Australia. If they get 10,000 shares today then Variety Australia will get $10,000. Here's the link. You can share it on Twitter and Facebook.

Mr E. is teasing me because I am writing this post far earlier than most this December. If it wasn't for the Carols (and the wrapping) I could go to bed early. He thinks 6:30 would be appropriate. I guess I've been a bit grumpy.


I hope you are having a lovely Christmas Eve. I will be busy later watching Carols by Candlelight and eating shortbread. Maybe I'll even finish wrapping presents.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs