Tuesday 18 December 2012

Dear Santa

On the weekend, the lovely Lisa - aka as Mum of Adult Kids, tagged me in the Christmas wish list 'blog-a-long' started by Jess over at Essentially Jess, encouraging bloggers to play along and share their Christmas wish lists. The lists can be serious, or not so.

Given Jess is the I Blog On Tuesdays (IBOT) girl and I have never played along, I thought I should give it a go even if it is the last one for the year.

Dear Santa,

This year I've tried really hard to be nice. It may not have would been obvious to others but I hope you noticed. I gave up caffeine and didn't take up alcohol although at times I did consider it. I did not disown my children or husband despite being tempted to do so on occasion. I managed to have a mid life crisis and while I decided to change careers I did not go out and buy a red sports car (because as we all know red goes faster) or decide to dump my husband and take up with someone half my age. I hope that these things have all kept me off the naughty list this year.

In return for my good behavior I would really like the following:

  • Housework, laundry and gardening fairies. If you can only manage one type, I think the housework fairies would be kept the busiest so they would be excellent.
  • A self cleaning house would be great if you are running a little low on fairies. I'm not too fussed either way.
  • An automatic cut off switch for my children for times when when they would like to backchat or exclaim loudly that they hate me or that I have ruined their lives. Note: this applies mostly to one child but if it was installed in both that would be a bonus in case the other child starts to get ideas.
  • Jamie Oliver to actually come to my place and cook his 15 and / or 30 minute meals for dinner. Some cooking lessons would be great while he was at it.
  • A holiday house in Queensland, the south coast of NSW and a few others scattered around the world. Mortgage free, of course.
Thanks Santa.

E.

There you go. My first ever foray into I BOT.

I also have to tag 5 people for this so I am going to chose:

 

Suzi

Anna

Madmother


Kirrily

Anella

I hope you play along.

 

3 comments:

Anella said...

Loved reading this :) I'd love Jamie Oliver (or any chef to come cook for me)! Thanks for nominating me & I will be playing along! I've been resolving a slow-loading issue with my blog (I was accidentally uploading the full sized images, doh)! Hopefully people will be able to access my page without it slowing everything down!

EssentiallyJess said...

Oh a self cleaning house would be so awesome! Why don't they make these things??

Thanks for joining IBOT today! :)

Aroha @ Colours of Sunset said...

hahaha at self-cleaning house! my oven & iron both have self-cleaning functions so i don't see why a house couldn't? Jamie Oliver would be nice, but if we're getting whatever we want I'll take Curtis Stone please.

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs