Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day 2012

Because we were away yesterday we didn't have a fridge full of leftovers. Sometimes it doesn't seem like Christmas without ham etc in the fridge. So in order to remedy that situation Mr E. does the whole baked Christmas food on Boxing Day.

So tonight for dinner we had turkey, pork and baked ham with roast vegetables. Of course this means that we will now be eating Christmas meat into January. But that's our tradition and I'm good with that.

Tonight I took the kids out to look at Christmas lights. Three of our neighbors have really gone all out. In fact even though we drove around for about 45 minutes they were up there with the best.

So tomorrow we are almost back to real life again just with added toys and Christmas food. I'm looking forward to ham on toast for breakfast.

2 comments:

Anella said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! Unfortunately, we have PLENTY of leftovers here along with plenty of chocolate! No doubt it will be dieting in January for me =/ !!

Megan said...

I know exactly what you mean! We had Christmas away this year too so my fridge is quite empty. Annoying, because now I need to leave the house in this horrible 40 degree weather today to go and do some food shopping!

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs