Wednesday 20 January 2010

Camping Out

So we had our big camp out last night. Our Tent looks like this.  And I remember using it when I went on a 3 day hiking trip in Year 9 or 10 at school so it was been around for a while. thumbnailCA8W15A8

Boy Child wanted to sleep on the Trampoline and Girl Child and I set ourselves up in the tent.  Apparently it is/was his childhood dream to sleep on the trampoline at night – which I discovered at 2 am when he decided it was too cold and he needed to be in the tent with us.  Of course it was pretty cold in the tent too so he went in and got us more blankets. Pretty cold was 10 degrees Celsius…It’s summer here so should have been warmer but it wasn’t.

Eventually we all went back to sleep again but it took a while and then I woke up at 5.45 am.  I’m a little bit tired but hey we did it.

And we are camping out again tonight. Without taking the mattresses off their beds which was one thing the children suggested.  But  this time with more blankets and hopefully we won’t all be awake in the middle of the night.  Also will help if they actually wear long sleeves and pants as they were asked but they both refused.

Anyway we are about to head out again, I just thought I should post how last night went.

Wish me luck and good sleep vibes.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Clarissa said...

Yay that you survived and good luck tonight. Backyard camping is fun :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I remember camping out in our yard when I was a kid. Next thing you will have your own little backyard campfire kitchen going :)
Enjoy.

E. said...

No campfire kitchen. That's why we are in the yard, so they can't ask.

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs