Wednesday 17 March 2010

Honest Scrap Award

The very lovely Lucy from Diminishing Lucy passed this award on just over two weeks ago.

Now I have been extremely remiss in not acknowledging this earlier so to Lucy – Thank you very much.  I love getting awards and have had this one before but I absolutely love getting awards.  So again: Thank you!

Honest Scrap Award Rules

1. You must brag about the award.

2. You must include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger.

3. You must choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.

4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.

5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.

.........then pass it on with the instructions!

So honest things about myself. I suppose they have to be different to last times too.  Ummmm….okay here goes:

1. I only have 23 followers and some days this saddens me. I have to remind myself that I have only been blogging for a little while and I’m not very interesting.

2. Mr E has been blogging for way longer than I have but hardly has any followers.  Would it be bad to admit I really want to do a happy dance and say “I have have more followers than you Nerd Boy!”?

3. On Face book I now play Cafe world.  I think this has actually made me want to be a better cook in real life.  How sad is that?

4. While I did say last time I did this that I had no desire to read or see past the Twilight book and movie, I did just read The Host by Stephenie Meyer.  If she does write the possible follow ups to that I will probably read them, regardless of how many people I know who will tease me.

5. I am a talented vomiter.  Being Coeliac I have had quite a bit of practice after accidently ingesting gluten but I also threw up for all bar 2 weeks of both my pregnancies.  Yes way too much information.

6. I was going to put number 5 in at number 4 but then thought people would think it related to my cooking.

7. It appears that I have a black thumb when it comes to growing edible things.  I have killed the chives and parsley I was given (and they apparently grow like a weed) and the only potatoes we have harvested so far were tiny and appear inedible.

8. We only have made it to school before the first bell twice so far this year.  It’s on my 101 list to make it every day for a week a certain number of times.

9. I have only told 2 people I know if real life that I blog.  And I’m not planning on telling anyone else.  Mr E., Boy Child and Girl Child know as well but that is it.

10. I am embarrassed to admit some (or maybe most) of these things.  But I’m not going to tell you which one/s aren't embarrassing!

And now for the recipients.  These are some honest blogs I have discovered fairly recently and I apologise if you don’t do awards!:

Katrina from Little Tassie Terrors

Amy over at New Adventures in Dreamworld

and Lulu at Unperfect Life

And on that note, Goodnight All. I’m going to bed.

7 comments:

Diminishing Lucy said...

I suspect you will get more followers once the secret is out.......

Clarissa said...

Haha. I also have more followers than my boyfriend and am secretly happy inside :)

Anna said...

Ok, I was about to write I can't see where to follow you! But then I found it up the top. So, I hope I am now officially following you? Tell me if I'm not!

E. said...

I hereby nominate you three as my own personal cheer squad! :)

Thanks Anna... now i have 24 followers!

Stacey @ Say Something Stacey said...

I gave you an award!!

Thanks for being awesome!

http://saysomethingstacey.com/?p=2193

DB said...

Hee hee, I like your list, your Blog isn't boring I think, it takes alot of time & effort to build up a big follower base. I've been blogging for a few years now & only have 34 followers. I see people who've been blogging for like 5 seconds & have 100's of followers & get a bit green eyed, but then I think it's a bit like facebook where it's all a popularity game!
Let's just go with it's about having QUALITY followers & commentors not QUANTITY right?!!

Katrina said...

Thankyou so much for the award :) I love reading your blog - I need to make more of an effort to comment though LOL

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs