Sunday 10 January 2010

P!NK - Best Night Out

When I discovered the tickets were on sale Mr E. and I spoke about it and while I really wanted to go, the presale tickets were $20 or $30 extra. So I decided against it.  someone we knew was going to buy tickets on line the day they went on sale to the general public but tickets for the shows here sold out in under 10 minutes. So I missed out.

Then they announced the additional concerts.  I was stoked! I asked some friends and it was decided that we would get the cheap seats.  So I managed to get the 6 tickets we needed and some friends and I went to Sydney to see P!NK’s last Australian concert for the Funhouse tour.

Now, I’m not really a concert person.  I have been to some when I was younger… pre MR E.  In fact the last concert I had been to was Frente! with the guy I was going out with before Mr E.  and that was a bad concert.  Dodgy Uni Bar,  and with the singer obviously off her face and saying things like: “um, I don’t remember the words” and singing lalala to quite a few songs.  Let’s just say I was very underwhelmed.

Anyway back on track. On Saturday 29 August 2009 Mr E., Boy Child and Girl Child all stayed home while 3 friends and I drove to Sydney. We checked into to the place we were staying. hang around for a while and then caught some trains to  Acer Arena. We were there really early because I had been told there would be Gluten Free food available but I had to be there at 6.00. Anyway being early meant we beat the crowds to the merchandising stands.  I got a T-shirt and a Program but never could find where I was supposed to eat.  Two friends wandered off to find food and T. and I stayed around the arena.

Now we had the cheap seats and I had been told jokingly that we would need oxygen tanks.  I think we were way at the back but front on so that was good. It’s very steep though, glad no one was afraid of heights!

First up was Evermore.  They were good but very loud. My ears were ringing but then maybe that was just because I am so not a party animal.

There was an interval and the crew / backstage people all did Michael Jackson’s Thriller.  It was really good.

Then there was P!NK. She was excellent.  This wasn’t a concert, it was a full on show.  An extravaganza, really. And it was awesome!

NICE - FEBRUARY 24: (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) Pink performs onstage at the Palais De Nikaia on February 24, 2009 in Nice, France. (Photo by Dave Hogan/Getty Images) 

The songs were great, the dancing was brilliant and the acrobatics / trapeze / above the stage work was awesome.  I have been on a trapeze once and freaked out so i was very, very impressed with those parts.  And the fact that P!NK was singing while hanging upside down above the stage was exceptional.

NICE - FEBRUARY 24: (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) Pink performs onstage at the Palais De Nikaia on February 24, 2009 in Nice, France. (Photo by Dave Hogan/Getty Images)

Photo’s from Pinks Page.

I’m not sure how many changes of costume there were but there seemed to be lots. But the times P!NK was off stage changing, there were things happening on stage and you didn’t even know she had been gone until she showed up in different outfits.

For my first concert in over 15 years (yes I am old), I certainly choose a brilliant one to go to. As anyone who has been reading my blog for a while I loved the concert so much I asked for the concert tour DVD for Christmas. And Mr E. bought it for me. Anyone who wants to see some highlights from the concert DVD there is a quick clip here.

Anyway, the concert finished and we caught a train back to our accommodation and that my friends, was the best night out I had in 2009.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I am so jealous!!! I adore P!nk she is my favorite.

Summeranne said...

I LOVE concerts! I have never seen P!NK though so I am jealous. I heard this tour was AMAZING!!!

Madmother said...

I went twice to her Brisbane shows a couple of years ago - by far the best performer I have EVER seen! And in my youth concerts were a thrice-weekly event...

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs