Friday 26 November 2010

Today I’m thankful for…

So, I live in Australia. We don't have Thanksgiving or pumpkin  pie or Black Friday Sales. Despite this I thought I should do a thankful post.

Today I am thankful for:

  • A medical system that provides access to Doctors…who can diagnose illness;
  • Antibiotics…to treat those illnesses as required;
  • Friends..to share and celebrate things with;
  • The ability to talk freely….and tell Girl Child’s school why we are considering moving her. The issues here aren't the only ones – I’m frustrated about lack of communication, the schools inability to actually walk the talk, etc;
  • Boy Child…who is apparently awesome.  I was told this by no less than 3 people this afternoon. 
  • The lovely lady who found Smiley Dog and took him to the vet on Monday after he ran away from home.
  • Serious Dog…who didn't run away. 
  • Hardware stores so I could fix the fence where Smiley Dog escaped. Still not sure why the fence into the neighbours yard was missing two palings, I suspect the boy next door had a bit to do with it.
  • Mr E. having work until at least June next year. 6 monthly contracts are not that great for forward planning.

If you haven’t already done a thankful post, what are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Being Me said...

Ohhhh this is a great post. You do indeed have much to be thankful for, those are all wonderful things. (Silly Smiley Dog, btw)

Rathi said...

That is a nice genuine list to be thankful for. we don't have Thanksgiving here as well but i am sure that this is one of the best festivals around.

Anonymous said...

Go Boy Child! And yay! the safe return of Smiley Dog!

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs