So, I live in Australia. We don't have Thanksgiving or pumpkin pie or Black Friday Sales. Despite this I thought I should do a thankful post.
Today I am thankful for:
- A medical system that provides access to Doctors…who can diagnose illness;
- Antibiotics…to treat those illnesses as required;
- Friends..to share and celebrate things with;
- The ability to talk freely….and tell Girl Child’s school why we are considering moving her. The issues here aren't the only ones – I’m frustrated about lack of communication, the schools inability to actually walk the talk, etc;
- Boy Child…who is apparently awesome. I was told this by no less than 3 people this afternoon.
- The lovely lady who found Smiley Dog and took him to the vet on Monday after he ran away from home.
- Serious Dog…who didn't run away.
- Hardware stores so I could fix the fence where Smiley Dog escaped. Still not sure why the fence into the neighbours yard was missing two palings, I suspect the boy next door had a bit to do with it.
- Mr E. having work until at least June next year. 6 monthly contracts are not that great for forward planning.
If you haven’t already done a thankful post, what are you thankful for today?