Sunday 21 November 2010

Sweet Sunday Blog Hop 21 Nov 2010

Tonight I am back on the bandwagon.  I’m joining back into Jaded Vixen’s Blog Hop.  Today’s theme is Literature.

  1. What is your favourite picture story book? Bilby Moon by Margaret Spurling and illustrated by Danny Snell
  2. What is the first novel you remember being really engrossed in? I think it was probably The Hobbit
  3. The book you read, but hated every minute of? Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra.  I read in pretty much in one sitting because I needed to know how it ended.
  4. Favourite Young Adult/Teenage/Adolescent novel? The Changeover by Margaret Mahy.  I really loved it when I first read it and often re-read it when I’m feeling nostalgic.
  5. Top three novel recommendations? My favourite novels really depend on my mood.  So while I l really enjoy Lord of the Rings, The Cider House Rules, The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub I’ve really been on a Romance / Romantic Suspense kick for quite a while so I’ve also enjoyed Tami Hoag, Beverly Barton, Iris Johansen, Linda Howard etc.  So tonight I’d probably recommend Linda Howard: Kiss Me While I Sleep, maybe a Nora Roberts Paranormal Trilogy, and I guess I’d add of the ones above.
  6. What are you currently reading and what is it about? I’m currently reading Ruby Beach Mindnight at Ruby Bayou (oops) by Elizabeth Lowell. It’s about a jewellery designer who is tasked with making a necklace for her friends wedding gift but the rubies she was given to use are very valuable and it appears everyone is trying to get them.  It’s one of a series but they also can stand alone.

So what is your favourite novel?  Or why don’t you play along with Jaded Vixen?

sweet bloghop

No comments:

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs