Tonight I am back on the bandwagon. I’m joining back into Jaded Vixen’s Blog Hop. Today’s theme is Literature.
- What is your favourite picture story book? Bilby Moon by Margaret Spurling and illustrated by Danny Snell
- What is the first novel you remember being really engrossed in? I think it was probably The Hobbit
- The book you read, but hated every minute of? Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra. I read in pretty much in one sitting because I needed to know how it ended.
- Favourite Young Adult/Teenage/Adolescent novel? The Changeover by Margaret Mahy. I really loved it when I first read it and often re-read it when I’m feeling nostalgic.
- Top three novel recommendations? My favourite novels really depend on my mood. So while I l really enjoy Lord of the Rings, The Cider House Rules, The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub I’ve really been on a Romance / Romantic Suspense kick for quite a while so I’ve also enjoyed Tami Hoag, Beverly Barton, Iris Johansen, Linda Howard etc. So tonight I’d probably recommend Linda Howard: Kiss Me While I Sleep, maybe a Nora Roberts Paranormal Trilogy, and I guess I’d add of the ones above.
- What are you currently reading and what is it about? I’m currently reading
Ruby BeachMindnight at Ruby Bayou (oops) by Elizabeth Lowell. It’s about a jewellery designer who is tasked with making a necklace for her friends wedding gift but the rubies she was given to use are very valuable and it appears everyone is trying to get them. It’s one of a series but they also can stand alone.
So what is your favourite novel? Or why don’t you play along with Jaded Vixen?