Wednesday 17 November 2010

Day 13 of my Self Actualisation Project

The job for today is to write a letter to someone who has hurt me. There are a few letters which could fit this description but I think I’ll actually write the one that has been simmering away for a number of years.  Of course I really hope I never see this individual again so this is a lovely way to state my feelings, don’t you think?

Dear Moron,

I’m not sure that you or your actions actually hurt me, but I figure this is as good a time as any to write down how I feel.

I understand that terminal illness, funerals and weddings bring out the worst in people.  But generally hitting the terminally ill person (no matter how annoying that person is) is disgusting.  In fact, given that was only a small part of your bad behaviour at the time and the following months. Blaming your issues and behaviour on the terminally ill person was poor form. I’d like to say that you behaved appallingly.

In the days prior to the death of the terminally ill person you started to threaten us.  In fact your threats to harm myself and my family have left scars on my children.  All this time later they still have issues answering the phone. I resent that fact that as a supposed adult you behaved worse than my children did.  And they had a much longer and better relationship with the deceased person than you.

Your complete and utter disrespect for others and the legal system showed how juvenile and self centred you are.  I’m not sure why you think you are the centre of the universe. 

Well, perhaps I do.  You may have a mental illness triggered by events almost 40 years ago. If you do, it doesn’t give you the right to behave badly for the rest of you life.  Of course if you took the medications prescribed for you and didn’t self medicate with alcohol (especially in the amounts you did) things may improve for you.

A diagnosis of a mental illness does not excuse bad behaviour.  Bad behaviour is bad behaviour.  Especially when you chose to flaunt the medical advice and medications that you are given.

So, in short, you behaved badly, you injured a terminally ill person, you threatened my family and you broke the law several times.  If I never,ever see you again it will be too soon.

Regards,

E.

2 comments:

Nikita A said...

I can't believe there actually are people in this world who would do THAT! It's really sad.

jayayceeblog said...

Sounds very sad and traumatic. Writing letters like this to purge the bad stuff has to be so good for you!

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs