Saturday 18 June 2011

Today I’m Grateful for…18 Jun 2011

I’m grateful for the public health system in Australia.  While it’s not always great, I managed to get an appointment with a neurologist a week after the referral was sent in.

I am grateful that I have a follow up appointment with the neurologist in 6 months.

I’m grateful that I will be sent for an MRI at the hospital in 5 months.

I am grateful that this will all be free. I think it will be anyway.

I’m grateful for people who ask questions and don’t assume.

I am grateful for people who get it!

I’m also very grateful that someone who is working at the swimming pool cafe today makes decent coffee.  We have stopped buying coffee most of the time because when certain people are working the coffee sucks!

If you want to play along to see what others are grateful for today, drop over to Maxabella’s.

Grateful button

 

Note:

I’m not really sick.  I’ve just had a bad headache for 13 or so weeks.

8 comments:

Madmother said...

Glad things are moving in the right direction. 13 weeks... bloody hell!

Naturally Carol said...

I agree...it makes so much difference who makes your coffee in a cafe. I had to return one at maccas yesterday as it was so watery and tasteless..when we told them the next one came back nice and creamy with decent flavour!

Suzi - Under The Windmills said...

Also glad things are moving forwards. When you have put up with a 13 week headache you deserve decent coffee ;)

kasia leach said...

Sooo agree!! I think the Aussie health system has been in my greatfuls a good few times..

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

Good news E. Some progress.
Your last line "I’m not really sick. I’ve just had a bad headache for 13 or so weeks" sounds like the quote by Ouiser/Weezer from Steel Magnolias ... "I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for the last 40 years."

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

A headache for 13 weeks sounds terrible, hope the neurologist can bump you and you don't have to wait 5 months. Shessh -

I had an MRI in DEC - I paid $350 for it waited a month $till.

My hubby had one within ,4 days, after a followup appointment with the radiation oncologist in Sept 2010 (his was a tumour on side of his temple not his brain) . He had bad headaches - it was at 9pm at night in a public hosp but as an outpatient (public system).

It was ok ; he still has bad headaches 7 months later and now he has an appointment with a neurologist in the public system.

Hope all goes well for you.

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

A great list of grateful. Sincerely hope the headache gets better soon!

Maxabella said...

You're on your way now! I hope it all gets resolved really quickly for you now. It's a long time to be scared and in limbo land. x

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs