Sunday 8 August 2010

50 questions that will free your mind

This is post number 150.  So to celebrate this momentous occasion I thought I should answer the 50 questions that will free your mind from Marc And Angel Hack Life.

Now before I do this I think I should celebrate.  So here is some cake, balloons and your choice of red or white wine.

Images from Dreamstime.

 Balloons

 

 

dreamstimefree_7013735 Cupcakes 

 

dreamstimefree_50844 red and white wine

 

Thanks to you who have hung around with me for the last 150 posts.  Your support and comments have been greatly appreciated.

Now onto the questions.

  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?  I’d like to be 23. Just married, life ahead of me, exciting times. But I’m probably more like 40!
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Not trying at all.
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Because humans are very strange creatures.
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Probably.  Actions do speak louder than words but there always seems to be way more talking than doing in life.
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? Wow, it’s hard to pick only one.  I think I would have to choose injustice. If we could rid the world of injustice, then hopefully the flow on effect would be zero wars, enough food for everyone and everyone would be treated equally (regardless of race, religion, physical appearance or ability).
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Something that makes a difference to people.
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Currently settling and trying to work out how do to what I believe in.  That sounds very sad.
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Learn to worry less? My kids won’t be grown by the time I die so I would focus on making the time we had together fun and prepare them for life.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Someday sit feels that I haven’t at all.  I’m trying to change that.
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I’m not sure one outweighs the other. 
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? Try to change the subject.  Depending on what the role the people have in my life I may possibly defend my friend.  I would really hope that if I respected and admired these people they may respect me, listen to me  and stop the criticism.
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Trust your intuition.
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? I don’t know.
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? No.
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Trust people.  I find it very difficult to do.
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because everyone is different, with their own unique thoughts, history and dreams.
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? Tried to write for a living. What’s holding you back? Fear of inadequacy, fear of rejection, really just fear in general.
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes. Fear.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Probably a different city in Australia because I’ve never really felt the need to travel overseas.  Plus I think we have a good life in Australia.
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Yes, not all the time but sometimes.  And No I don’t think it makes the elevator come faster but it helps to fill in time while I’m waiting.
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Definitely joyful.
  22. Why are you, you? Genetics, history, all sorts of things.
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?  Maybe less sociable but otherwise yes.
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch.  Because there are always phone calls, emails, face book etc to keep in touch when people move away.
  25. What are you most grateful for? Living.
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Probably lose the old ones.  There are some that aren't that great.
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? I don't know.
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? Not my current greatest fear.
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? I don’t remember so it really didn't matter.
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? I’m not sure I could pinpoint it.  But I bet it was special because I felt loved.
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? I seriously don’t remember.  Wow another very sad answer.
  32. If not now, then when? As above, I don’t know.
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Nothing, really.
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Oh yes.  I love that feeling.
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because they think their are the only ones that are right and can’t accept people / religions can believe different things
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Not without a doubt in most cases.
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? No.  Scale it back maybe but not quit.
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work I enjoy doing as long as it replaced the stuff I didn’t enjoy not just supplemented it.
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Not today but some days, definitely feel like groundhog day.
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? I’m not sure I ever have.
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? The person or people that meant the most to me.
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No.
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? A lot.  Passion, thought, acceptance, all sorts of things.
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you can feel it. Or when you are prepared to wear the consequences.
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Because people don’t want to be considered foolish or stupid.  Making a mistake could mean other people think we are failures and we could lose the respect of those we care about.
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Be braver, take more chances, have less regret and perhaps dye my hair an unnatural colour.
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Last night in bed.
  48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? My family.  Yes, I believe so
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? No, actually I don’t.  Not unless something important or major (either positive or negative) has happened.
  50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? A bit of both.  Mostly letting others make them and then feeling resentful about that. I think I will start to change that tomorrow.

So, are you going to answer these questions?  Or have you done it already? Let me know.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs