Joanie has begun a Self Actualisation Project that a friend of hers posted on Facebook. Given I’m almost up to my first anniversary of Blogging I thought I would join in. Maybe some
navel gazing introspection will be good for me. Now because I’m not into putting up recent photo’s of myself or my family I will have to work something out for those tasks.
So for Day 1, the challenge is to post a recent picture of me and 15 facts about myself.
For this one the recent picture is easy. Here is me at the chocolate party I went to in August.
The 15 facts about myself (nobody said that had to be new facts did they?) are:
- I love chocolate.
- I really love my family but sometimes they come second to chocolate.
- I wanted to call this blog For the Love of Chocolate but apparently someone else on blogger had the same idea. :(
- I was excited that school went back today. Very excited and also relieved.
- Number 4 makes me feel bad. I feel as though I should enjoy the time I have with my children (which I do) but sometimes I struggle. I worry that I am a bad mother because of this.
- In fact I often worry that I am a bad mother. Hell, I worry about a lot of things: do I have friends?, will Boy ever eat like NT people?, but most of all Am I a bad mother? which goes hand in hand with Am I screwing my kids up?. Mr E. calls my worrying (or maybe it’s me expecting the worst) paranoia. I call it realism.
- Yes, I am a glass half empty kind of girl. That may have been obvious from Number 6 but I thought I should mention it just in case you missed it.
- I thought perhaps if this Self Actualisation thing was going to work I should actually REALISE stuff about myself and not just put down smart arse remarks.
- I failed Operation Anniversary dismally. And I feel ashamed. But as MR E. decided that our overseas holiday I wanted for our 15th Anniversary should coincide with the RWC 2011 (and incidentally our 16th Anniversary) I thought I could extend Op Anniversary until then. But I need to kick start (aka restart) it. I do think Number 1 is part of the reason that Op Anniversary didn’t progress very far.
- Rugby Union is pretty much the only sport I will watch of my own volition. I have not watched any Commonwealth Games and generally ignore the majority of the Olympics when they are on too. I may be considered un-Australian for this. I may also get banished from my extended family if they knew. They are very sporty people, some of whom have played in sport for Australia.
- Our house is a mess. It has been this way for quite a while and I am too embarrassed to have friends (or anyone) over. I think part of the reason it is so messy is because I don’t like people invading my space and that’s how I feel when people are in my house. Invaded, over run, etc. So I allow it to stay messy and therefore, free of visitors which, in my (also messy) head, apparently means safer.
- I did however start cleaning up today. It’s a step in the right direction. Baby steps, right?
- I actually want to just put down smartarse responses now. There only 2 to go now and it’s been much harder than I thought.
- While I am very private person, I actually enjoy blogging. I am envious of people who make lots of friends blogging.
- Finally, although I’d love to have lots of followers I really appreciate having followers who comment and who I ‘know’ through their comments and their blogs.