Thursday 19 January 2012

SYL Week #2 Define your Personal Values

Debra Writes:
Week 2 challenge: Go through the process and define your top 5 core values including ranking them. Share this information however you want next Monday (not on this post) – if you want please elaborate on your choices, talk about any difficulties in the process, any surprises or changes that came about. Blog it and link up, comment on next week’s post, share a journal entry or scrapbook layout, whatever method works for you…
52 weeks to simplify your life challenge
I had actually done everything Debra suggested and somehow published and then lost my almost complete post.  Dammit!!
Given it’s so late at night I’m going to summarise what I had.
The values I ended up with were:
Love
Authenticity
Compassion
Inspiration
Contribution
I am having trouble with the fifth value. Right now I’m leaving it as Contribution but for a while there I had Courage. For now I’m going to add Courage in to Authenticity.
To me each of the five values I ended up with were chosen because to me they encompassed other words that I cut down to get to my five core values.
Love – Family, Nurturing, Hope, Intimacy and Positivity
Authenticity– Integrity, Honesty, Loyalty, Trustworthiness, Dependable and Courage
Compassion – Sensitivity, Open Mindedness, Understanding and Acceptance
Inspiration – Imagination, Dream, Intuition, Originality, Creativity, and Success
Contribution – Support, Connection, Intentional and Community
Debra defined that values are not Goals, Permanent, Universal or Another “should”.  So with that in mind, I think my list works for today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great values to have! I don't know about you, but I find it really hard to identify what I'm really on about. You've prompted me to think more about it. :-)

Bethany said...

Love your list: short, sweet, and powerful.

Anonymous said...

I liked that your list was inspired byt all the groupings of words you had and especially liked that success was included in inspiration. Also loved the inclusion of the word intentional- didn't have that in my list and really like it. Great list.

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

Well done E! Great list.

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs