Saturday 30 April 2011

My Family or What I did on my holidays

Hello lovelies! Today’s post is going to link up with Maxabella’s I’m grateful for:

Grateful button

And Melissa’s new linky My Sweet Life.  This first one is the Family edition.

my_sweet_life_150

On my holidays I went to visit my family.  We got to see the new baby.  But she did not resemble the photo I posted there much at all.  She was more like this (even without a dummy/ pacifier/ whatever you want to call it):

IMAG0261

We stayed with my grandmother twice ( a night each time), my aunt and uncle for 3 nights (two occasions) and caught up with all bar one of my 4 cousins and his wife for family dinner. There were 9 adults and 8 children ranging from Boy Child at 12 to the baby at 4 weeks! Organised chaos, but great company and food.

I managed to see my sister and her husband twice in 2 days.  Pretty impressive as I hadn’t seen her since 2009.   They were visiting as they were going to a wedding and had flown in on Friday and left on Sunday.  I even managed to catch up with my cousin’s, cousin and her family who are Baby T’s (one of those I shaved my head in memory of) family.

We had a good time. We went to a Easter Sunday picnic, Boy Child went to see the paintings in the Archibald Prize with my aunt, Girl Child and I went to Cold Rock Ice Creamery, and we came home on Wednesday on the train.

I’d also like so say a Huge Thanks to Mr E. and Girl Child who let me sleep in this morning and went to swimming lessons without me.  I finally woke up just before 2 pm.

My immediately family is sweet and so is my extended family who are happy to accept us just the way we are (well maybe not understanding not wanting to get up early but still!). 

Do you want to play?  Drop by Maxabella Loves and say Happy First Blogiversary while you are there.  Also catch up with Melissa at Suger Coat it and play along with My Sweet Life!  sorry I can’t work out how to get that linky here.  My Family is Sweet and I’m grateful for family and holidays – just in case that wasn;t clear. LOL.

Oh Yes! I am also grateful because Smiley Dog is not yet completely blind and as it has been a gradual thing he is coping and will continue to adapt to being both blind and deaf.  He is still happy and smiling so his quality of life is good!

3 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Sounds perfectly lovely - and great news about your lovely pup too x

Maxabella said...

What a lovely holiday, E! Your love for your family shines through with every word. x

Anonymous said...

You got great points there, that's why I always love checking out your blog.

My blog:
rachat credits et Rachat de Credit refusé

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs