Tuesday 22 February 2011

I’ve gone blonde

Today, was the day I was going to dye my hair.  I was about to start when I spoke to a friend and volunteered to do it for me!  Hurray!  I was more than a little worried how I would manage to do it myself.  And so I should have been.  J is a former hairdresser and she had to bleach my hair twice.

I started with brown hair: After the first bleach I ended up with rather orange / yellow hair:

IMAG0018crop

Another dye job and some toner and I had this:

IMAG0077crop

Now it’s dry it is like this:

IMAG0084crop

Not quite white blonde but pretty clos and a huge change which is quite freaky when I look in a mirror.  It took 2.5 hours to get to this.  I’m so glad that J helped did it for me.

Tomorrow I go back and get the colours put in.  Probably only as streaks rather than blocks of colour but we shall see.  Mr E. will want me to get the colours of the football team he supports done but that is very unlikely to happen.  After all what football team have bleu, red and Pink?  If we mix the the colours we can have purple too.  So hopefully tomorrow it will be done and then it’s multi-coloured hair until the big shave around 11 March 2011. 

Thank you for all the positive comments and the sponsorship.  If you feel the need to sponsor me this is the link: http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/elizabethm?SID=154822&Lang=en-CA  and of course I’ll be more than happy if you want to mention me in a post too!  Smile

Oh Langsdown, if I can do it, you can go blonde too!

1 comment:

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

Oh my goodness. You did go blonde!! Wow. that looks great ... oh, but hang on, there is multicoloured?

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs