Yes, I have done it. I have a Page on the Leukaemia Foundations website and I have bought the hair stuff so it’s all go. Once I have a meeting with Boy Child’s school tomorrow I will be bleaching and then colouring my hair. I have got red, blue and due to popular demand pink. The last time I tired to dye my hair at home it accidently turned green so we will see how this goes. Once the colouring is done I will put up some photos and come March 11 or so I will have my head shaved.
Here’s a taste of what it looked like 3 years ago:
I did have hair touching the bottom of my shoulder blades about 30 minutes before this shot. So this was a bit of a shock to the system. The spots are just spray on colour that I had done afterward.
This year I am both colouring and shaving in memory of Baby T. (2009) and Miss S (2011). I am also doing it to raise money for Dr T and Mr L. One is currently going through treatment and the other has just finished.
So if you would like to sponsor me and support the Leukaemia Foundation’s World's Greatest Shave this year. You can sponsor me by making an online donation using a credit card.
You can take a look at my profile page and sponsor me by clicking here.
I’m aiming to raise as much as I can for the Leukaemia Foundation. Their vital work provides patients with practical support during their long and tough treatment, as well as funding important research.
Did you know?
- Every hour of every day, at least one person in Australia is diagnosed with leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma.
- Every two hours, someone loses their life to blood cancer.
- $26 can provide emotional support to help someone overcome the shock of being diagnosed
- $40 can help improve treatments and find cures by funding a PhD student's laboratory costs for a day
- $57 can support patients who are too ill to drive by providing a day's transport to and from treatment
- $80 can give a regional family who've had to move closer to treatment, a place to call home for a night
For more information about the Leukaemia Foundation visit their website: http://www.leukaemia.org.au
Thank you for your support!
A big shout out goes to Langdowns from Deep Fried Fruit who mentioned me and her friend Alisha who will also be shaving her head this year.