Saturday 18 January 2014

Op Move #walk400 update

Yesterday was check in day for Operation Move's #walk400. This week I have managed to walk 10.83 km in 148 minutes 25 seconds. So far in January, I have walked for a total 420 minutes 55 sec (total of 30.55 km).

Here's photographic proof from Runkeeper.

This morning I read an article by Kate about habits. I love this:

Image from: OpMove
Apparently it takes 3 weeks to create a habit. It is Day 18 of #walk400 and while I'm not walking every day, I'm trying to not to have too many gaps. I'm wanting this to become part of my new 'normal'. So I'm walking in the evening. I could get up and walk in the morning but I love sleep ins and I may not have time in the morning once I return to work. So in order to make it more likely for my walking to become a habit, I've started as I mean to continue.

My pace had increased on two of my walks but as the weather got hotter this week I haven't done them. What I have noticed is that feel better within myself after a walk. So much so that I did 30 minutes on the treadmill on a 40 degree day (okay it was only 30 or so degrees in the house but I was absolutely drenched) and went walking last night after sunset when it was still 34 degrees.

Today I haven't managed to walk and I've been feeling out of sorts. Of course that could just be the few 39 to 40 degree days that we have had here. Our weather has been less ferocious than Melbourne's or Adelaide's but has been above average here. Tomorrow it is forecast to reach 33 so I'm planning on a long walk to clear my head. And to get further along in my goal to walk between 800 and 1,000 minutes in January.

Wish me luck!

 

No comments:

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs