So here's my list:
- Discovering that you were right about something isn't always a good thing. However, it can be slightly gratifying to hear the words "You know that thing that said was going to come back and bite me, well it has." I'm just hoping there won't collateral damage this time around and if there is that it won't involve me.
- Long weekends mean extra chances to sleep in. I took advantage of all 3 of them.
- Spending a fair bit of the long weekend working and trying to get things ready for end of financial year and the accountant can negate the great sleep ins.
- It's been 5 years since my mother died and 3 years since the last stalker phone call (her ex decided to stalk us for a while). But I no longer freak out when we get a strange phone call on her birthday, Mother's Day or the anniversary of her death. I am very happy that when recently someone accidentally pocket dialled us, my first thought was NOT that our stalker was back. That is huge!
- Giving up the girls night away so I can be in town for when some extended family is visiting is a little sad. But discovering that they have actually been in town at some point during the week and they haven't called has, for some reason, devastated me. I shouldn't let it get to me.
- Resigning from the volunteer job I had for six months was a huge relief. I am able to sleep in again and don't have to prioritise my life around things that other people's timetables.
- Girl Child is getting so much better on the bike we converted to a balance bike for her. At the rate she is going she may actually be able to ride the new bike she will be getting for her birthday in a few months.
- The two children I read with at school every morning are progressing. It may sometimes be slow but it great to see the changes.