Sunday 28 July 2013

My girl is growing up

Girl Child is almost 10. Some days it's hard to believe that my baby is almost double figures. In some respects she is growing up so fast and thankfully not so much in others. Because she is an avid collector of stuff she grabs any catalogues and circles the things she would like as soon as she sees them. It's in this that the conflict in her maturity is showing.

On one hand she wants Monster High, makeup and real jewellery but she also wants a Baby Alive, LaLa Loopsy and Barbie dolls, and play dough. She is a tween and thankfully not too invested in some the older stuff but I'm finding the disconnect a little jarring. I think it's because I'm watching her try to find her place in the world.

This year at school she is with the big kids (there are about 8 year 4 students in the senior building Year 5 and 6 building) and I think this has helped her mature. She is definitely less clingy and quite a bit calmer this year. So much so that the extended family have said how much better more grown up she has become.

With this maturity showing she may be getting her ears pierced as a birthday present. That is something she has wanted for a very long time. We had said when we believe she is mature to look after them herself. Right now, she will still need some help but she is certainly a lot more sensible than before. It really is surprising how much of a difference 6 months can make.

 

She probably isn't getting a Baby Alive doll as the ones they have now creep me out. I wanted one when i was a child too and never got one. I think I turned out mostly okay. If Girl Child doesnt get one, hopefully it wont be held against me for the rest of my life. But you never know, apparently I ruined her life when she was 4 by giving her the wrong library bag for preschool.

 

No comments:

 

Copyright 2011 Whining at the World | Powered by Blogger | Designed by Carly Lloyd Designs